Friday 21 October 2011

We did it

Well, my friends, Finnegan and I have done it. He has not breast fed in over a week. My tiny baby boy is no longer breastfeeding. I have to admit though, even if I am a tad nostalgic about it I am actually pretty happy. My boobs are mine again! No more blood, no more stretching out my bras, no longer solely my responsibility to put him to bed at night, although I still do 99.9% of the time. I have been putting this off for weeks, then I contracted a minor undisclosed ailment that required medication, that wasn't recommended during breast feeding, so that sealed the deal. Finnegan fussed a little more than usual the first two days I put him to bed without it  but I was quickly forgotten and swept under the matt and now he doesn't seem to notice. This does of course upset me. Happy that it's over, and sad that it's over, thus is the never ending plight of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment