Tuesday 29 November 2011

Cheerio Nation

               Before having kids I bought the odd box of cheerios. I had them for breakfast once and a while. Since the baby, though, cheerios have become a staple in our house. They make the perfect snack, whether on the go or not, no mess, little clean up and healthy(ish). I was not prepared, however, for cheerios to take over my life. You can always find a box of cheerios in our pantry (usually 2 or 3). But what you can also find are cheerios everywhere else. If you were to inspect our vehicles you would probably find enough cheerios to feed a small army. Similarly, if you were to check under the couch, in corners or any nook or crevice you would probably find more cheerios. I don’t know how they manage to find their way everywhere (well I have an inkling it might be small and blond) but they do, regardless of my efforts to sweep them away.
On the plus side Finn has an amazing talent of scoping these cheerios out. If he needs a snack, he will find some cheerios. It kind of reminds me of a blood hound sniffing out its target. I will find him sitting, eating something in the middle of the floor, which is always dangerous, and when I ask him to spit out whatever it is, more often than not, it is, you guessed it, a cheerio! 
I love how cheerio’s continue to come up with more and more flavours. Finn’s favourite is banana nut, mine is chocolate and of course good old honey nut. I do like cheerios I just wish they weren’t all over my house and car. Hmm, I wonder if that’s why we have mice?
                PS. This was not a paid advertisement for cheerios or cheerio products.

No comments:

Post a Comment