Thursday 1 September 2011

Intro

Well here it is. Yet another parenting blog. Oh I know I join the ranks of thousands of others, from scary mommy's to bad dads. However, whether I end up with 2000 readers or 2 (I hope to at least convince my mom and husband to read) it really doesn't matter. I am doing this for me, and it is about damn time! I have been having a hard time lately, stuck in a job I absolutely hate, desperate for some reprieve. But what to do? What am I passionate about? What could I be doing with my life that would give me some purpose? Before the baby and had lots of hobbies. I used to play rugby. I can't do that now though, to much risk of getting hurt. I used to highland dance. The long drive to lessons and even longer one to competitions seems very impractical. Who has the time? I love to cook, but without a culinary degree I really can't hope for much more than a line cook at some chain restaurant. Finally it hit me. I love to read and write. It doesn't cost anything, can be done in my (limited) spare time and sure it probably won't make me the big bucks but I will start at the beginning and see where it takes me, you never know! I plan to try my hand at different kind of writing, newspaper articles maybe, I would love to write a novel one day and this blog. I have decided to call this blog the World According to Finnegan. For those of you who may not know Finnegan is my one year old son who never seizes to amaze me and will be the inspiration behind much of this blog. Finally the World According to Garp by John Irving is my favourite novel and is an example to the literary excellence I hope to one day achieve. So read and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment