Saturday 10 September 2011

What the Vegetable!?

I am a huge foodie. Before we got rid of our TV,  I would have it constantly tuned onto the food network. So, needless to say, I was thrilled to find out my son would eat anything, and I mean ANYTHING. I have pictures of this boy eating my mussel brochetta with roasted asparagus. He loved raw zucchini, fish, curried anything and fruit fruit and more fruit. The only thing he didn't love was fried things like chicken nuggets and french fries. I thought I had hit the culinary jackpot. 

Then, a few weeks ago, it all came crashing down. Your highness has decided to be very selective about what goes in his mouth. Peaches used to be one of his favourites but recently he has been rejecting them. He would eat his entire  plate with little concern as to what he was actually eating, now he picks through and eats what he wants and leaves the rest. And more often then not ''the rest'' includes vegetables while ''what he wants'' is bread and pasta. Also, there is no way of predicting what will be a hit and what will be a miss. One day will be all about cheese, can't get enough cheese. The next day he won't touch the stuff and gold fishies will be the food of choice.

I guess my good fortune couldn't last forever and this all a part of raising a toddler. Hopefully this is just another one of many strange and baffling stages my dear son will grow through on this crazy adventure of ours. 

1 comment:

  1. At least he had a brilliant start, right? : ) I hope he starts liking vegetables again. My son always loved corn and just this week he told me to never make it for dinner again. Craziness.

    ReplyDelete